On Monday night Bru put on his culinary hat and cooked us a very tasty risotto with porcini and barolo wine. Any excuse to steal a good bottle of Italian “vino rosso” from the Piccola. It was Champion’s League night on Wednesday(yawn) so it was my turn at the cooker. At the moment due to being at the princess’ beck and call I’m cooking the easiest and fastest recipes possible. This roasted chicken dish definitely falls into that category. It’s one of those dishes where all the ingredients go into one oven tray with minimal preparation.
what you need:
- chicken legs & thighs – we use the organic Moy Park from Superquin
- 4 garlic cloves – leave the skin on
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes – Dunnes “simply better” range are really good as they are very sweet and full of flavour. I used Italian organic tomatoes that I got at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday.
- basil leaves
- 1 red chili finely chopped (optional)
- 1 red onion sliced thickly
- sea salt and black pepper
- olive oil
how to make it:
- preheat your oven to 200 degrees
- place your chicken in an oven tray, season with salt and pepper and add a few glugs of olive oil
- cook for about 20 mins
- add your cherry tomatoes, garlic, red onion, chili and basil
- cook for another 30-40 mins – I like the tomatoes to be quite dried out and the chicken crispy so cook it according to personal taste.