I’ve managed to get 3 posts out of the one dinner this week, this is down to 2 reasons. The first one being I think it’s easier to follow if I break them up and the second being the weather is so nice I’ve hardly been on the computer all week. I’ve been too busy dining alfresco and pounding the pavement with the buggy trying to get rid of the baby lbs! Size 0 here I come!
Now I know everyone has their own way of doing roast potatoes and if there is one thing we do well in Ireland it’s potatoes but I said I’d post our recipes anyway. I have a “quickie” version and a “little more effort” version.
What you need:
- 1 pack baby potatoes – we use the baby organics from superquin
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-2 sprigs of rosemary leaves
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- unsalted butter
– place your unpeeled potatoes cut in half, 4 garlic cloves unpeeled and rosemary(leaves picked) into an oven tray.
– season with salt and pepper and pour a couple of glugs of olive oil over the potatoes.
– cook for 45mins+ until golden brown and crispy.
A Little More Effort Version:from Taste Italia magazine with a LOR&BRU twist.
– peel your potatoes, cut in half and place in pot of salted water and par-boil. (about 8-10 mins)
– Finely chop your rosemary and peel 1 clove garlic.
– cover the base of a deep pan with olive oil. cook garlic until brown and remove. Cool your oil for a couple of mins.
– Add your rosemary and a knob of butter and saute for a couple of minutes.
– Add your potatoes, season with salt & pepper and saute them until they start to turn brown.
– Transfer your mixture to an oven tray(you can sprinkle them with breadcrumbs if you like) and cook for 30-40 mins until golden brown.
To be honest both versions are really tasty and with time being of the essence these days, the “quickie” is used a lot more frequently in our house!
Buon Appetito !!