I’m going to apologise in advance for the amount of soups that will be on this blog over the next few weeks as I have decided to make a new soup every Monday!!! I just find it so handy to have a container of soup in the fridge both for myself for lunch and for the princess. She’s loving soup at the moment and it’s a great way to get some veg into her, I just add some baby pasta and lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and she nearly licks the plate clean. We always add Parmesan to soup when serving as it gives it that extra flavour, I highly recommend you do it, you’ll never go back:) I know you have all seen leek and potato soup a million times and it has definitely been over used and abused here in Ireland but it is still one of my favourites!! This recipe can also be served like a minestrone but I’m still liquidizing for the “boss”!!!
what you need:
– 5 medium potatoes peeled and chopped into cubes!! I like this soup really thick!!
– 3 leeks, white parts only sliced.
– 1 onion finely chopped.
– 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock – I used vegetable stock cubes from La Cucina!!
– olive oil
– 25g butter (optional if you are on a diet or healthy eating plan)
– sea salt and black pepper.
what to do
– heat some olive oil and your butter in a pot and add your onions and leeks and cook until softened but not coloured.
– add your potatoes and stock and leave to simmer until all your vegetables are tender. This takes about 30 mins.
– take off heat, liquidise(optional) and season.
– serve with freshly grated Parmesan!!!