Not much to offer this week but this little gem of a soup recipe as I’ve been working my “little” (I wish) a– off!;) Our pizza chef had to return home due to a death in family so I was drafted into the kitchen for the last 2 weeks. I normally tend to work on the counter in La Cucina but it was nice to work in the kitchen for a change. I’ve decided to spend more time in there as I do really enjoy it but it’s pretty hard work, when we change the place around I’ll probably be in there anyway so I might aswell get used to it. The only thing I find is that after cooking all day, the last thing you want to do is cook when you come home so the recipes might be a bit lacking over the next couple of weeks. I have been taking pictures of the daily grind in La Cucina so I’ll probably do a couple of posts on behind the scenes.
Soup is really popular in La Cucina and we can’t keep up with the demand at the moment. During the last week we had, roast pumpkin, potato and Italian sausage, cannellini bean and parma ham and today I made this roasted tomato recipe. I often make this at home and have to say it’s absolutely delicious.
what you need:
– 500g cherry tomatoes cut in half.
– 1 red onion cut into large chunks
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 500ml chicken/veg stock
– 10 basil leaves
– sea salt and black pepper
– 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– olive oil
what to do:
– pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees.
– place your tomatoes, garlic and onion in an oven dish, season and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
– cook for about an hour and a half until the tomatoes are nice and soft. Add your basil leaves about 5 mins towards the end.
– add your stock and liquidize.
– serve with some crusty bread and a drizzle of chilli oil if you like.
p.s. we’ve been listed in this great new comprehensive list of food blogs from around the world, check it out here