I have to say it’s great being back in kitchen in La Cucina as I have a lot more time to cook and try out new recipes. I’ve made spinach and ricotta cannelloni before but have never made lasanga so I decided to give it a try last week and WOW!! It was so delicious, really moist and full of flavour, we all had it for lunch and everybody nearly licked the plates clean. This week I’m going to make spinach, gorgonzola and pine nut lasagna, I’m so looking forward to it as I am a gorgonzola fiend. There is a little bit of work involved in this one but it is very simple to actually make, you just have to allocate a little time to it but it’s the same with all lasagna, it is not a fast food but is worth every minute of the effort.
what you need for 4:
– 10/12 lasagna sheets
– 1 kg spinach washed
– 500g ricotta
– 35g butter melted
– sea salt and black pepper
– lots of parmesan cheese, about 10 tbsp
what to do:
– pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees
– bring a pot of water to the boil, add salt and cook your pasta sheets, 3 at at time until slightly cooked. Remove them with a slotted spoon or sieve trying not to break them and put them in a container of cold water to stop them cooking anymore.
– lay the lasagna sheets out on a dry tea towel and pat them dry.
– put your wet spinach on a dry pan, cover the pan and place over a medium heat and cook until tender, stirring frequently. Drain and let cool down, squeeze out excess moisture and roughly chop.
– in a bowl, mix your butter, ricotta and spinach together. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
– grease your oven tray with a little oil, lay down a layer of pasta, spinach mix, besciamella and sprinkle some parmesan on top. Repeat and then top with lasagna sheets, pour some besciamella on top and finish off by sprinkling lots of parmesan cheese.
– bake for about 30 mins until golden brown.
– serve and enjoy:)